Lemon Chiffon -Bomb to double yellow blossoms. Yellow is a rare color for garden peonies. It is highly sought after and quanities are always limited.
Check out all of our peonies - Peonies (fireflyfarmandmercantile.com)
- Bomb to double yellow blossoms
- 24-36" tall
- Blooms late spring to early summer
- Peonies are safe from deer and rabbits.
- USDA Zones 3-8
- Moderate fragrance
Botanical Name: Paeonia lactiflora
Origin: D.L. Reath, 1981, Michigan
3-5 Eye Rootstock- We try to only provide the largest rootstock for peonies for stronger roots that lead to better blooms. 2-3 eye roostock is the most common size offered and occassionally it is what we have to use, but 3-5 eyes per root is our goal. Eyes are the buds of the leaves and stems that will grow this season for you.
Shipping - Ships first two weeks of May- All peonies are packed in spagnum moss or other media to ensure they make it to your garden in pristine condition. We do adjust for shipping charges as every year is slighly different in weights and sizes. We also ship the last 2 weeks of September as well.
Planting Care - Bare roots should be kept cool and in the dark until ready to plant. Peonies do not like to be planted deep and eyes should be kept no deeper than 1" below the soil surface. When possible, it is a great idea to mound your peonies above your existing garden grade to accommodate mulch. Plant no deeper than 1-2". The roots will quickly develop and anchor into the ground.
- Full Sun or Partial Sun is best
- Prefers loamy soil, can be planted in sandy or clay soils with compost amendments
- Give them room to grow as they don't like to be moved once established
- Some blooms may occur first year when planting in the spring, fall planted peonies will yield spring blooms most of the time